Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Distractions.

Distractions. I hate them. I feel like I will continually be brought down by them, but with the Lord, I know I will get through it as long as I keep my eyes focused on him. Its so easy to get caught up in a guy or a hobby or church activities or whatever.
Something came to me today that I randomly remembered hearing one time.
It was something like:
"Don't get so caught up in the process that you forget your purpose."

I think as Christians, we get so caught up in the process, as in the church events and the planning for the events and everything or even just participating, that we forget why we are there doing that. And before we know it, all those events are just events, they aren't anything special. They just end up being the same things over and over and we just get so caught up in them that we lose sight of our purpose, and that is to proclaim God's name!

Think about that :) I totally did today. It hit me hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment