Saturday, June 26, 2010

Today

Today was wedding day in the life of Katie King. No, obviously not for myself, but two of my friends. Today really made me think of what love should be like. I mean, I know what kind of love I want, and what I don't but, seeing two people who are really in love looking into eachother's eyes puts it in a whole different perspective; more like a "its better doing, than just saying" thing. If that makes sense. The Lord wants us to be happy, and told have a marriage that revolves around him, that is two people working as a team to get closer to him.
I'll just say it. I love weddings. The excuse to eat cake is pretty awesome, but getting to see the real deal up close and personal is awesome to me. It makes me excited for the day that I will get married. (Not to mention, I've been getting so many great ideas haha!)

But anyways, recently I've been thinking, and just tonight, the second I got into my car, I prayed and thanked God for who I am now, and who I am not anymore. God took certain people out of my life to help me grow stronger in him, and I'm just SO thankful for that. What an amazing God.

Here's a little bit of the song that I sang at Jen's wedding today, which was an awesome pick on her part.

"And as I stand here before you
I can't help but adore you.

Here we stand in this moment now
I give my life
I give my heart this is my vow
To you I swear
And I promise to
Give all I can
All I am
I give to you"

My song forever:

"I've read somewhere statistics show the man's always the first to go
But that makes sense because Iknow she won't be ready
So when it finally comes my time
And I get to the other side
I'll find myself a bench if they've got any
I hope she takes her time
Cuz I don't mind waitin on a woman"

-Brad Paisley

...but for right now, I'll keep waiting for that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment