Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Future.

Rejection. Its what we all feared when we were young. Some may still fear it.
I've come to realize in my many failed relationships that I don't want someone that is like that in the aspect of Christ. So many guys are so afraid to truly show their colors; to stand out, to be real, to be vulnerable. Maybe that's why I haven't found that one that's really "wowed" me yet. And you know what? I'm totally okay with it. Patience in waiting is the best lesson that God has ever taught me.

I bring it up because its my hope for the future. Its amazing to think of what's yet to come and where the Lord will lead me. And the best thing is that I don't have to worry. :)

I was driving home to Nashville today and heard this song. Just before it started the radio announcer stated that this song was good for any prospective husbands. To me this is a prayer of a real man that is not afraid to be vulnerable. I love it.

"So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I'm called to be
Oh, Father, show me the way
To lead them
Won't You lead me?

To lead them with strong hands
To stand up when they can't
Don't want to leave them hungry for love,
Chasing things that I could give up

I'll show them I'm willing to fight
And give them the best of my life
So we can call this our home
Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone"

-Sanctus Real
"Lead Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment