Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Day.

Another day, another memory, another thing to thank God for!

I love how the Lord is teaching me new thing every day. I look back on how I used to be and I'm simply astounded by how much I have changed within the past year. The anthem of these past few weeks for me has definitely been much like the old hymn "The Longer I Serve Him":

The longer serve Him, the sweeter He grows,
The more that I love Him, more love He bestows;
Each day is like heaven, my heart overflows,
The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows.

Today was a baseball cap/t-shirt/exercise pants/chai tea/breakfast for dinner day. Very non-traditional, like myself. lol.

I couldn't help but think about the verse where Jesus is washing his disciples feet, and they are pretty much dumbfounded as to why he is doing this, since he is the King of Kings. They thought it would have been an insult to Jesus, but Jesus WANTED to do it.

6He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"

7Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

8"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet."
Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

John 13:6-8

After letting these words sink in, I believe it is completely apparent that he is saying that unless you let him wash you clean, you will not be his. This is all the more reason to believe that you CANNOT do it on your own. Its so easy to think "I can fix this; I can do it on my own," when in reality, anything that you do within your power will not be half as good as what it would have been if you would have let Jesus take the wheel of your life.

I do this a lot--I try and take things into my own hands; reminding me of the verse from the Addison Road song that says "How quickly I forget I'm yours" and by taking my troubles into my own hands, I feel overwhelmed. I feel as if things will never get better. Looking back before I was a Christian I just wish I would have known at the time what I was missing. Your life isn't meant to be a story just about you trudging through the sorrows alone, or relying on friends or fake love to make it all better. (Don't get me wrong; friends are good to have; but just to say-some can build you up like the great wall of China and some can tear you down like a rack of dynamite to a building. "You are who you hang out with" could never be a truer statement.)


The valleys of the Christian walk are what really truly build your character. The Lord never said it would be easy; but he did say you wouldn't have to go at it alone. And this verse completely explains that. Something that may make you ask God, "Why me?" could build you up to something you only thought would happen in your dreams.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

Time to hit the sack. Yall have a blessed day tomorrow, and remember:
We love because he first loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment