Thursday, April 29, 2010

God's Will

Recently, we started a new study in Sunday school talking about finding God's will for your life. This past week, what we talked about on Sunday has really been spiraling around in my head.

God's will. We want it! Or we say we want it. I guess the churchy answer is "I want God's will for my life." I've said this many many times! But sometimes we get so caught up in our own will that we are just simply saying that statement, and not actually taking the steps towards doing it. I've recently pinpointed this weakness in my life. Its like I "wanted God's will for my life" but if it match up to mine, then I would try my best to make it happen; MY way.

Ok, take this for example; you know how everyone tries to find the shortcut to everything? Living in this fast paced world, everyone wants to get things done quicker, get places quicker; quick and easy! Have you ever cut corners on things or taken a short cut? Did it end up taking either twice as long or not turning out the way you wanted it to? Like trying to take 12 bags of groceries into the house at once so you don't have to make another trip? Or cutting across the grass instead of walking on the sidewalk, even though its pretty much the same distance? Yeah that's how it is with God's will! You have to be willing to wait for the good things that he has promised and put forth the effort to get to that point by studying his word. It may not be as quick as you want it to be, but GODS timing is what's best, even though we may have to wait a bit longer than we would like. Cutting corners only equals out to cheap thrills that aren't gonna last for long. Pleasing for a little while, but they will soon die out.

I challenge you instead of taking the short cut, you will seek the Lord. Don't just ask for his will and go about your old ways hoping for a "sign". Surrender to his will; letting him know you will do everything in your power to get to where he wants you to go.

I love you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment