Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Thing.

This is definitely something new to me, but what I've realized a lot lately is that new things are good. Throughout my life, I've tended to hate change, and lately the Lord has really been helping me get over that, and I am so thankful. (I'm not talking about blogging, haha; other more important things!)

SO--I thought I would share some things I learned today with you guys.
1. Having the guy behind you getting pulled over and not you is amazing, lol. For once I got to be the onlooker tonight, which is unusual for me since I always seem to be the speeder. Since my last ticket that cost me oh, 320 bucks, I'm a bit scared to speed now.
2. Coffee mate coffee creamer has hydrogenated oils in it. Please shoot me. That's like finding out you've been cheated on. Boo coffee mate.

On a more serious note--and even thought this is #3, the number holds no significance; I'm just tired and writing as things come to me from today.
3. Pastor Wes put it amazingly today that we ALREADY have 100% of God. The thing is that when you are a Christian, and you are filled with the spirit, its about giving more of yourself!
Its amazing how God spoke straight to me today. Making me think about how easy it is to say, "I trust the Lord," and rattle off Bible verse after Bible verse, but unless you actually do it, you won't fully experience God. That was my issue, and I know a lot of people struggle with it. Its like when we have struggles, we take it upon ourselves to fix it, when in reality, it would be SO much better to ask for help [from the Lord] and to trust that he will be there.
I needed desperately to give Jesus the keys to the car, because somehow down the road, I started to "lean on MY OWN understanding" which pushed him out of the driver's seat.
Pressing forward :) I'm so thankful for the Lord speaking through him today.

Well, I'm about to pass out. It's about 12:50 am. Yikes. I will not accidentally sleep through another class! So, that means I will be going to bed now :)
Love you guys <3
In Christ-Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment